Why nominate/participate in a NEDC Indigenous Business Award?
In business, it is important to focus on ways to set your business apart from the rest. The role of Indigenous business in our economy needs to be profiled and celebrated. Winning a NEDC Indigenous Business Award can benefit your business’ internal and external operations in the following ways:
- Cash Awards!
- 1 Night Stay at Tigh-na-mara Resort and travel support to Parksville, BC
- Recipients are honored at an awards ceremony.
- Being recognized will position your business, small or large, as a leader to current and potential customers, as well as to your employees and the community at large.
- A great morale booster for employees, providing opportunity for their efforts to be formally recognized.
Who is eligible for nominations?
- Businesses owned by Nuu-chah-nulth Member(s)
- Indigenous businesses on Vancouver Island
- NEDC clients
The Nomination Process
How to Prepare Your Entry:
Carefully review the judging criteria and any additional submission requirements for each category. Please include the following items to complete your entry submission:
- Complete a separate Nomination Form ( the online form below) for each entry.
- Submit any supporting material to email@example.com (optional).
- A profile of the project (Max. 3 pages, double-spaced)
- Any appendices including charts, graphs and photographs.
- Clearly label all pages and items in your entry with the name of the nominee.
How can I make my nomination stronger? (optional)
Along with the nomination form, send along with the following:
- A two-part business statement including the nature and overview of your business.
- Two reference letters from individuals who can describe the impact and value of your business
- Supporting documents – up to five additional pages of further testimonials, financial statements, media coverage, etc.
Email optional supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the NEDC office in Port Alberni