Marketing a product never comes easy, even if you have a team working behind the scenes for you. In the 21st century, if you’re just staring out, you don’t necessarily need to hire a team of experts. With the internet at your fingertips, you got all the expert you’ll ever need. Check out the top 7 ways to market your way to success online.
- Blogging – If you aren’t already blogging, you need to! Having a blog associated with your business or product is the easiest way to get people interested in what you’re offering. With a blog, you can educate your audience on the benefits and value of what you have to offer. From there, begin sharing the link via social media to your blog to get noticed. By using your blog you can drive traffic to your product or service. Research has shown that the more you blog, the more you can increase search engine traffic which will attract customers. You may even catch the attention of the media or high-profile bloggers who can write about you.
- Email Newsletters – Marketingsherpa.com did a study on email marketing and found that “an overwhelming majority of marketers see email marketing as an ROI-producing activity, with 60% indicating email marketing is currently producing an ROI, and 32% believing email marketing will eventually produce an ROI.” Most marketers are essentially doubling their money. Keep it simple, offers your subscribers an incentive to shop or notify them of upcoming sales.
- Instagram – If you’re not on Instagram, you’re missing out on the easiest and fastest way of self-promoting. Like an intricate spider’s web, Instagram allows you to easily show your customers the value in what you have to offer. With over 400 million active users, half of which are on Instagram every day, it’s easy to promote and network what you have to offer just by following other influential Instagramers. Before long, you’ll build up your own list of followers from around the world.
- AdWords – Experimenting with AdWords has been huge for years. Google’s popular pay-per-click platform allows you to place your very own ads on Google search results, a YouTube video and a partner website. If you’re looking for speed and a massive reach, then this is definitely going to be on your list of marketing musts.
- Reddit Advertising – If you don’t know what Reddit is, then you’ve most likely never worked in an office. Anyone who’s looking to procrastinate and kill time at work is most likely familiar with Reddit and its readily available lists of amusing and interesting posts. Reddit ads are probably one of the least used methods of spreading the word, however, sometimes the least used methods can be the most profitable – and cheaper. Plus, there’s more opportunity to stand out. If you’re looking for some feedback from customers, use the r/entrepreneur subreddit to introduce your brand, you’ll also gain some valuable feedback.
- Facebook – As one of the largest advertising platforms on social media, if you’re not taking advantage of all Facebook has to offer, then you’re losing out on marketing gold. Facebook not only allows you to create your own product page, but depending on what you’re offering, you can also create your own Facebook Shop to sell. And as an added bonus, for a small fee, you can also create your own ads to be displayed alongside other posts which people may be looking at that are similar to what you’re offering. Essentially, you can target and tailor your ads to a desired audience. Don’t forget to leverage your family and friends to share your posts and like your page.
- Twitter – Much like Instagram, Twitter allows you to self-promote at your fingertips, all it takes is a few minutes of your time and you can let your followers know about a new product, promotion or even contest giveaway. It’s easy to connect and follow with other users who may also be hash tagging a similar product or service, giving you an instant connection with thousands of new followers who may be interested in what you have to offer. And by linking your Twitter account with your Facebook and Instagram, you can now easily share on many social network platforms with just one click.
The internet truly offers an unlimited number of ways in which to market anything you can think of. Find the one which works best for you and soon you’ll be your own marketing master. These seven strategies are a great way to kick-start your online marketing machine and with the right approach, you’ll only need to master a couple of them to make that first sale.Share